Saturday, July 17, 2010

2ToFly.com - US Tour 2010 - Day 8

We got up to launch for 12:30, it was looking a little stable. We set task to Rabies Pk, Burnt, Cemata then Donatos again.

We launched at 1:30ish, Woodrat was hard work getting up. Peter and I transitioned across to Burnt and climbed to base in the local convergence. Peter went off on course and I went back to launch too see if I could help the others. Matt and I transitioned across again to Burnt, Matt climbed then set of to Cemata. I went back for Barry who had been stoically scratching over Woodrat the whole time and we both fell into a good climb over launch. Back to Burnt with Barry then we did Cemata and Donatos trying to catch up with Matt. Peter had already landed at the LZ.

Matt, Barry and I all got to Donatos, regretfully no beers waiting for us this time

Conrad, Barb and Joy met us at Donatos with the van packed and we drove 4 hours across to Lakeview and set up camp. Matt, Barry and Peter motelled, we camped at Hunters RV park.

No comments: