Sunday, July 18, 2010

2ToFly.com - US Tour 2010 - Day 14

A forecast for a light N, 5-10 kmh and some cu's already in the distance as we drive up.
On Chelan launch for 12:00 where we set a task to Waterville again then Cashmere or Leavenworth. We used the top launch again where Matt, Barry, James, Peter, James and Conrad launching quickly into fickle conditions and climbing out - all except for Peter who discovered the Soccer field LZ after a long struggle.
I followed a few minutes later but my little ducklings had already chosen to push on without me, I did not catch them up until past Waterville
Barry flew to goal at Cashmere, discovering just how cold it can get at base. Matt, James and I flew the stunning flight into Leavensworth. We landed with Nick Greece and Nate Scales on red R10.2's, company for my lonely blue beast.
We had a meatfest BBQ at Cashmere then back to Beebe. Some pilots beginning to turn up now for the comps.

No comments: